Please pray for our members who are recovering from Covid:
- Joe and Carolyn McDonald
- Leonard family is improving
- Cameron Gooch
Surgeries and Treatment:
- Paulette Thompson is recovering at home from a serious case of shingles.
- Lajuanda Harley is receiving cancer treatments.
- Mike Johnson is under the care of transplant doctors. His upcoming surgeries will be scheduled.
- Sandy Gordon will be having ACL surgery, September 29, at Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance in Murfreesboro. The surgery was previously cancelled and rescheduled.
- Lori Johnson is scheduled for partial knee replacement, October 27.
- James Smith continues cancer treatments.
- Patrice Gray’s rehab facility is opening for patio visits. Please visit if you can. Please also continue to send cards of encouragement to: Trevecca Center for Rehabilitation, Room 311-A, 329 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210.
- Hilde Parker’s mother died of Covid this week in the Philippines. Please keep Hilde and her family in your prayers.
- Please pray for Vicki Owens whose Uncle Vern Rhodes passed away. Her father Jim Rhodes passed away in January. Neither death was Covid-related. Her family is very close, and Vicki requests prayers for her surviving aunts and uncles. There will be a joint memorial for her uncle and her father this weekend in Kansas.
- Please continue to pray for Lajuanda Harley and Donnie Kay whose mother Sorena Street passed away this month.
- Visitation will be Thursday, September 23, from 3-5 pm., at Lewis & Wright Funeral Home, 2500 Clarksville Pike, Nashville. Graveside service will be Friday, September 24, at 10 a.m., at Greenwood North Cemetery, 1248 Dickerson Pike, Goodlettsville.
- Lajuanda Harley also lost her foster son Joseph Clayton, who died unexpectedly, August 30. Arrangements are incomplete at this time.
- Janice Kittrell lost her cousin Chris Wilson a few weeks ago, and this week she lost another cousin Eric Kinnerly.
Family and Friends:
- Dian Kendall Knight, our sister in Atlanta, is requesting prayers for her brother who was found unresponsive in his truck and taken to TriStar Skyline Medical Center. He is in a diabetic coma and on a ventilator in critical condition. His wife is also hospitalized in Miami battling Covid-19. Dian and her husband were recently GNC guest speakers and did a Zoom marriage class.
- Lorita Ross’s son Richard has had Covid but is improving.
- Kelly Rawlings-Lynn, former GNC member, is hospitalized with Covid.
- Janice Kittrell’s sister Flora Robinson had emergency surgery.
- Kiersten-Eve Springer requests prayers for her grandfather Raymond Kale who has Covid. He has health issues, including open heart surgery earlier this year. He now has pneumonia.
- Delisa Helton asks for prayers for her sister Tomi who has been very sick with Covid.
- Ann Parker requests prayers for her brother Mike Cornwell who is recovering from cancer surgery, September 14. He will be having reconstruction surgery on his cheek in three weeks.
- Vershon Ross requests prayers for Briana Benford, the daughter of Vershon’s dear friend, who has Covid and pneumonia.
- Betsy Gooch, a disciple in Atlanta and longtime friend of many of us, is undergoing cancer treatments.
- Felitha Dennis asks for prayers for her mother Millie who is having health issues.
- Renee Parham requests prayers for her nephew Reggie Morgan who is receiving chemo treatments.
- Jeff Sharp requests prayers for his brother Sonny Sharp who continues to recover from a recent heart attack in Good Samaritan Rehab in the hopes of getting well enough to have heart surgery.
- James Smith requests prayers for his coworker David Potts who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
- Jeff Nelson requests prayers for his sister Jeana Johnson who is undergoing testing to determine options for a heart valve replacement.
- Steve Brown’s sister Cheryl Adams is undergoing chemotherapy.
- Janice Kittrell’s mother Annie Smith is having serious health issues.
- Joella Randall and Cheryl Maner request prayers for their mom Carolyn Payne who has Parkinson’s.
- Bruce Mackie’s mother Mary Lee has been diagnosed with cancer and is unable to care for herself at this time. Please keep her and the family in your prayers.
- Nathan Rowe requests prayers for his father Alfred Rowe, age 88, who has been diagnosed with heart failure.
- Darla Rowe requests prayers for her mother Patsy Lemmons, age 85, who has serious heart issues.
- Cathy Freiberger’s sister-in-law Lisa Coffman is continuing to receive chemo treatments for metastatic breast cancer in her right lung.
- Jesse Kay’s daughter-in-law Jennie Kay is receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer.
- Wendell Bolton’s sister Verita Bolton-Moses has been diagnosed with stage four cancer.
- Dan Leonard’s sister Laura Leonard is being treated for cancer with hormone therapy.
- Former GNC member Carla Grubb continues to undergo chemo and radiation treatments.
- Milbrey Frey’s best friend since age five, Antoinette Christopher, is undergoing chemotherapy treatments.
- Cathy Freiberger is requesting prayers for her friend Cheryl Mizzell who is continuing intensive weekly radiation and chemo treatments for cancer in her neck.