Prayer Requests January 21, 2021
- We wish to extend our condolences to Dawn Price in the loss of her cousin Kenny “Bigfoot” Sartain who died on impact in a single car accident, January 7. Please remember Dawn and her family in your prayers, as this is her third family member to die in the last few months.
- Please continue to remember Vicki Owens and her family in prayer, as her father Jim Rhodes passed away, January 7, on his farm in Kansas from health issues.
- We also wish to express our sympathy to Tim Beach and family in the loss of his grandfather James “Peets” Beach, who died in December from Covid-19. This was Tim’s third grandparent to die in 2020.
- We also want to remember Tim Bratcher and family in prayer due to the sudden death of his father Melvin Bratcher. Tim requests prayers for his mother Pam, as his parents were married for 57 years.
- Ginger Mimms will be having cataract surgery, January 18 and February 1.
- Joella Randall will be having extensive shoulder surgery, January 19.
- Marene Thomas is receiving chemotherapy to treat protein in her kidney.
- Roy Bolhuis was taken back to Summit Hospital this week.
- Donnie Kay had recent surgery due to a fractured disk very close to her spinal cord. She went home from rehab this week and is doing well.
- James Smith continues his battle with cancer.
- Eddie Wiseman has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebra.
- Kiena Price is receiving radiation treatments five days a week.
- Laurie Capron is still experiencing a lot of pain from her recent arm surgery.
- Milbry Frye’s daughter Michelle and Michelle’s husband are sick with Covid.
- Jack and Evelyn’s son, Jack Reese, Jr., is quarantined at home with Covid.
- Debbie Holt’s brother and sister-in-law, Glen and Betty, are sick with Covid at their home in FL.
- Nathan Rowe requests prayers for his 87-year-old father Alfred Rowe, who tested positive for Covid-19, and was also diagnosed recently with heart failure.
- Patrice Gray loves visits, but the rehab center where she lives is not allowing visitors due to Covid-19.As you can imagine, this is very difficult for Patrice. Please send cards of encouragement to Patrice at: Trevecca Center for Rehabilitation, Room 311-A, 329 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210.
Family and Friends:
- Melinda Hart is petitioning for prayers for her mother, as she goes through tests to access a mass discovered on her liver.
- Darnell Hill has started rehab and is making small, steady progress. Please pray for God’s healing touch and for comfort for the family.
- Rita Phillips’ cousin Lisa Huff, of Detroit, MI, has end-stage breast and bone cancer.
- Delisa Helton’s mother Loretta Lloyd has been undergoing treatment for lung cancer.
- Cathy Freiberger’s sister-in-law Lisa Coffmanis continuing to receive chemo treatments for metastatic breast cancer in her right lung. A new CT scan showed that the mass has shrunk, and she was also able to get a port, which has really helped her treatments go more smoothly. Prayers are also needed that her white blood cell count will not drop further.
- Cathy Freiberger requests prayers for her friend Cheryl Mizzellwho is continuing intensive weekly radiation and chemo treatments for cancer in her neck. Please also pray for her nausea from the treatments to improve.
- Sheila Bowen requests prayers for her cousin Linda who is being treated for stage four cancer.
- Diane Brown requests prayers for Nayibe, a disciple in Bogota, Colombia, who is recovering from surgery for breast cancer.
- Joella Randall and Cheryl Maner request prayers for their mom Carolyn Payne, who is struggling with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Wendell Bolton’s sister Verita Bolton-Moses has been diagnosed with stage four cancer.
- Victoria Henry requests continued prayers for her mother Jennifer Lambert who recently completed chemo treatments for pancreatic cancer and needs to gain weight.
- Mike Engel’s cousin Keith Engel has had a recurrence of cancer.
- Dan Leonard’s sister Laura Leonard is being treated for cancer with hormone therapy.
- Jesse Kay’s daughter-in-law Jennie Kay is receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer.
The Greater Nashville Church participates in charitable giving programs through Kroger and Amazon Smile. These are opportunities for the church to receive contributions from these businesses based on your normal spending with these companies. But you need to let them know that GNC is your preferred charitable organization.
- Kroger – You must have a Kroger Plus card/account. Log in to your account online (you may have to register first). Go to Community Rewards on the left menu about halfway down the page. The GNC organization number is WM542. Be sure to re-enroll in this program at least annually.
- Amazon Smile – You must have an Amazon account to participate in this program. To enroll, go to smile.amazon.com and login to your Amazon account as you normally would. You should see the link at the top of the page, just under the search bar, that will allow you to select a charity. Click on the link and search for our name, Greater Nashville Church.
- If we all participate in these programs, it would likely result in a few thousand dollars of additional revenue each year.
- This would be a great way to help cover the cost of the new playground for our children’s ministry in 2020!
- Please contact Nathan Rowe (615.596.6748) with any questions.