We express our heartfelt sympathy to:
- Margaret Hodge in the loss of her mother. Please keep Mark and Margaret and their family in your prayers.
- Renee Holme and family in the death of her sister Cherie DiLuigi, age 59, who died from cancer. She is survived by three brothers and two sisters.
- Please keep James Smith in your prayers for continued improvement in his battle with cancer.
- Please pray for Joella Randall who is having a heart catheterization on Tuesday, September 15. Her doctor hopes to correct a blockage by placing a stent.
- Jeff Sharp is recovering from Covid-19.
- Kelly Degan is recovering from Covid-19.
- Carolyn Hazelip’s son, Rick, and his wife, Suzanne, are recovering from Covid-19.
- Adriana Brown requests prayers for the Rio Grande Valley Church where she and Matt lived prior to moving here. That area of Texas is being hit hard with Covid-19, and her parents live there.
- Patrice Gray loves visits, but the rehab center where she lives is not allowing visitors at this time due to COVID-19. As you can imagine, this is very difficult for Patrice. Please send cards of encouragement to Patrice at: Trevecca Center for Rehabilitation, Room 311-A, 329 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210.
Family and Friends:
- Marene Thomas of the Pacesetters ministry requests prayers for her son Keith who is being treated for a serious heart condition.
- Cathy Freiberger requests prayers for her niece Hannah Coffman, age 19, who is having a severe flare-up of gastritis. Doctors are also concerned about her thyroid and pancreas. She will be undergoing further testing.
- Cathy Freiberger also requests prayers for her sister- in-law, Lisa Coffman, who has started chemo treatments for metastatic breast cancer in her right lung. Prayers are needed for the chemo to reduce the tumor size and fluid build-up around her heart in order for doctors to insert a port for her chemo treatments.
- Janice Kittrell requests prayers for her elderly parents George and Ophelia Smith. Mr. Smith’s health is failing, and prayers are needed for her parents to agree to move to Rutherford County to live closer to Janice and her brothers.
- Diane Brown requests prayers for Nayibe, a disciple in Bogota, Colombia, who is recovering from breast cancer surgery.
- Barry Holt requests prayers for his 92-year-old mother Erma, who had another fall, and for Barry’s stepfather Will, who is receiving radiation treatments for cancer.
- Nathan Rowe requests prayers for his 87-year-old father Alfred Rowe, who is suffering from heart failure.
- Wendell Bolton’s sister Verita Bolton-Moses has been diagnosed with stage four cancer.
- Delisa Helton’s mother Loretta Lloyd is undergoing radiation treatment for lung cancer.
- Victoria Henry requests continued prayers for her mother Jennifer Lambert who recently completed chemo treatments for pancreatic cancer and needs to gain weight.
- Mike Engel’s cousin Keith Engel has had a recurrence of cancer.
- Dan Leonard’s sister Laura Leonard is being treated for cancer with hormone therapy.
- Jesse Kay’s daughter-in-law Jennie Kay is receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer.
The Greater Nashville Church participates in charitable giving programs through Kroger and Amazon Smile. These are opportunities for the church to receive contributions from these businesses based on your normal spending with these companies. But you need to let them know that GNC is your preferred charitable organization.
- Kroger – You must have a Kroger Plus card/account. Log in to your account online (you may have to register first). Go to Community Rewards on the left menu about halfway down the page. The GNC organization number is WM542. Be sure to re-enroll in this program at least annually.
- Amazon Smile – You must have an Amazon account to participate in this program. To enroll, go to smile.amazon.com and login to your Amazon account as you normally would. You should see the link at the top of the page, just under the search bar, that will allow you to select a charity. Click on the link and search for our name, Greater Nashville Church.
- If we all participate in these programs, it would likely result in a few thousand dollars of additional revenue each year.
- This would be a great way to help cover the cost of the new playground for our children’s ministry in 2020!
- Please contact Nathan Rowe (615.596.6748) with any questions.