Prayer Requests 1
- Our deepest condolences go to Don and Lisa Solimando and family. Don’s great-granddaughter Parker passed away hours after her birth, December 10.
- We wish to extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Doris Hardison, a former GNC member of the Pacesetter’s ministry. Doris passed away on Nov. 21.
- Jesse Kay is requesting prayers for Donnie Kay, who had back surgery this week due to a fractured disk very close to her spinal cord. She will be receiving rehab soon.
- Dawn Price is requesting prayer for Joel ‘s recent hernia surgery.
- Please keep our brother James Smith in your prayers for continued improvement in his battle with cancer.
- Kiena Price, member of the Pacesetters ministry and mother of Joel Price, had surgery to remove a malignant tumor from her jaw and is now receiving radiation treatments five days a week.
- Laurie Capron of the Pacesetters ministry is at home recovering from surgery to remove a growth on her arm.
- Eddie Wiseman of the Pacesetters ministry was diagnosed this week with a fractured vertebra.
- Joella Randall of the Pacesetters ministry is at home recovering from rotator cuff surgery on her right shoulder.
- Roy Bolhuis of the Pacesetters ministry is at home recovering from a serious fall.
- Marene Thomas, member of the Pacesetters ministry, was hospitalized this week with kidney problems.
Tested Positive for Covid-19:
- Melinda Hart
- Fenton and Sharon Massey
- Steve and Diane Brown
- Kevin Mackie
- Cathy Freiberger and family (Alan hasn’t tested but is sick)
- Patrice Gray loves visits, but the rehab center where she lives is not allowing visitors due to COVID-19. As you can imagine, this is very difficult for Patrice. Please send cards of encouragement to Patrice at: Trevecca Center for Rehabilitation, Room 311-A, 329 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210.
Family and Friends:
- Melinda Hart is petitioning for prayers for her mother, as she goes through tests to access a mass discovered on her liver.
- Darnell Hill started rehab in the hospital, which is a big step! He still has many issues cognitively and physically, as he is still in and out, unable to remember or comprehend some things, but he is making small, steady progress. Please pray for God’s healing touch and for comfort for the family.
- Nathan Rowe requests prayers for his 87-year-old father Alfred Rowe who has been diagnosed with heart failure.
- Rita Phillips’ cousin Lisa Huff, of Detroit, MI, has end-stage breast and bone cancer.
- Delisa Helton’s mother Loretta Lloyd has been undergoing radiation treatment for lung cancer.
- Cathy Freiberger’s sister-in-law Lisa Coffman is continuing to receive chemo treatments for metastatic breast cancer in her right lung. A new CT scan showed that the mass has shrunk from 15 centimeters to 9 or 10 centimeters! She was also able to get a port, which has really helped her treatments go more smoothly. Prayers are also needed that her white blood cell count won’t drop further.
- Cathy Freiberger is requesting prayers for her friend Cheryl Mizzell who is continuing intensive weekly radiation and chemo treatments for cancer in her neck. Please also pray for the nausea from the treatments to get better.
- Sheila Bowen requests prayers for her cousin Linda who is being treated for stage four cancer.
- Diane Brown requests prayers for Nayibe, a disciple in Bogota, Colombia, who is recovering from surgery for breast cancer.
- Joella Randall and Cheryl Maner request prayers for their mom Carolyn Payne, who is struggling with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Barry Holt requests prayers for his 92-year-old mother Erma, who fell again, and for Barry’s stepfather Will, who is receiving radiation treatments for cancer.
- Wendell Bolton’s sister Verita Bolton-Moses has been diagnosed with stage four cancer.
- Victoria Henry requests continued prayers for her mother Jennifer Lambert who recently completed chemo treatments for pancreatic cancer and needs to gain weight.
- Mike Engel’s cousin Keith Engel has had a recurrence of cancer.
- Dan Leonard’s sister Laura Leonard is being treated for cancer with hormone therapy.
- Jesse Kay’s daughter-in-law Jennie Kay is receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer.
The Greater Nashville Church participates in charitable giving programs through Kroger and Amazon Smile. These are opportunities for the church to receive contributions from these businesses based on your normal spending with these companies. But you need to let them know that GNC is your preferred charitable organization.
- Kroger – You must have a Kroger Plus card/account. Log in to your account online (you may have to register first). Go to Community Rewards on the left menu about halfway down the page. The GNC organization number is WM542. Be sure to re-enroll in this program at least annually.
- Amazon Smile – You must have an Amazon account to participate in this program. To enroll, go to smile.amazon.com and login to your Amazon account as you normally would. You should see the link at the top of the page, just under the search bar, that will allow you to select a charity. Click on the link and search for our name, Greater Nashville Church.
- If we all participate in these programs, it would likely result in a few thousand dollars of additional revenue each year.
- This would be a great way to help cover the cost of the new playground for our children’s ministry in 2020!
- Please contact Nathan Rowe (615.596.6748) with any questions.